Friday, June 16, 2006

day 8

England did an Australia. After a lacklustre 84-or-so minutes against a pumped-up Trinidad & Tobago side, Crouchie and Stevie G proved what exactly they're made of dangerously late in the game, when they scored a goal each for their country.

And my star of the night? Darling Beckham, who kept producing those beautiful bending balls that he's so famed for. Eh, I'm not saying this just because he's my hubby (yes, people, Posh is his second wife). But I reckon amongst a sea of bland English footballers last night, their el kapitan was the one who kept it alive for them.

I would also give snaps to Spurs's Aaron Lennon, whose fresh legs gave his team fresh hopes in the second half. And Rooney? Yeah, he played. Yeah, he did give England that sting that was so badly needed. But of course, since he's freshly recovered, he only managed to cause tiny problems to the opposition. In any case, welcome back, Wayne.

And tonight? Looks like I won't be getting any quality shut-eye. Just look lah at the fixtures...
21:00 ARGENTINA vs SERBIA & MONTENEGRO
00:00 NETHERLANDS vs IVORY COAST
03:00 MEXICO vs ANGOLA


Psychotic, innit.

No comments: